Field ID Security Overview - We Protect Your Data.
Security and reliability is a top priority at Field ID. Field ID is fully committed to protecting your inspection and safety compliance data.
All data stored within Field ID is backed up nightly. Backing up your data provides protection against failures within the data center, however this strategy is insufficient to protect against larger disaster scenarios. What happens if the media holding the backups is damaged? What happens if the data center is destroyed? This is where backup replication becomes essential. Just as we create redundant system parts to avoid total failure, backups must be made redundant as well. To achieve this redundancy, all backups are replicated to our office in Toronto. This places the backup data in multiple locations which are physically separated by a significant distance. Recovery from these backups are tested frequently to ensure data is consistent and complete.
All of our servers at Field ID use high-availability redundant storage. Our redundant storage strategy leverages a mix of Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Redundant Disk Arrays. These technologies allow for the failure of multiple hard disks at the same time without loss of data. Our database servers take it one step further, leveraging battery backed up disk controllers. This ensures data integrity in the event of a loss of power to the server.
Protecting the server and data center is only the first step to ensuring your data is secure. The Field ID application is designed as a secure data warehouse facility. Much thought and engineering goes into making the Field ID system secure for your data. Here’s some of the ways we make Field ID secure:
- Encryption: All communications between your computer and the Field ID server are protected via SSL encryption. This ensures the safety of your data while in transit.
- Data Partitioning: At the core of Field ID is our security engine. This ensures your data is kept separate and private from other users of our system. It also protects against malicious users attempting to gain access to your data.
- Best Practices: Field ID is developed with industry-standard’s best practices in mind. These best practices keep us up-to-date on the latest techniques for application and data security.
- Testing: Prior to each release, Field ID goes through a vigorous and exhaustive testing procedure to ensure security is being maintained in all areas.
We host Field ID on Rackspace. Rackspace is a public company with 10+ years’ experience providing highly secure systems.
- Certifications: Rackspace is SAS 70 Type II, PCI and SOX compliant. These certifications verify that the proper processes and procedures in place to ensure you data is being managed safely. PCI is of significant importance as it defines a set of requirements specifically geared towards server, network and data center security.
- System management practices: All systems in use by Field ID have been security hardened and penetration tested. This ensures each system has been configured to the highest standard of security.
- Data center security: The Rackspace data centers are secured by security camera, biometric scanners and 24×7 security staff to ensure unauthorized access is impossible.
- Monitoring and Alerting: All systems are heavily monitored 24/7 for health and status. Intrusion detection is deployed to catch those attempting to gain access
Click here to learn more about Rackspace.